Dr. Nagra and Dr. Wasik are general dentists, not cosmetic dentist specialists. Cosmetic dentistry is not a term/specialty recognized by the Alberta Dental Association & College (ADA&C). Dr. Nagra and Dr. Wasik provide cosmetic dental procedures such as porcelain veneers, dental implant crowns, dental bonding, and teeth whitening as part of their general dentist license.
Is a Dental Bridge the Answer for Me?
A dental bridge from our Calgary clinic may be suitable for you if you’re missing one or more teeth. Aside from the obvious problem of aesthetics, missing teeth can cause a potential chain reaction of problems including:
- Other teeth in your mouth drifting out of position
- A poorly aligned bite
- TMJ issues like temporomandibular disorder (TMD)
- Your jawbone shrinking where your teeth are missing
A dental bridge is an appliance containing one or more artificial teeth (pontics) that is placed in the mouth by attaching to crowns placed on teeth on both sides of the gap. The purpose of a dental bridge is to:
- Restore your full smile
- Improve your ability to chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Properly distribute the force in your bite
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position